There are those days when all you want to do is curl up in bed and devour a good book or perhaps binge watch the episodes that you missed from Orange is The New Black. We are all busier than ever and all that accumulated stress can wear us down. This is why we need to make a conscious effort to have quality time at home. Many people would agree that the best room in the house is the bedroom. This is our personal oasis which transforms into a hideaway and sanctuary. This is where you can recharge and rejuvenate. The last thing you need to happen is feeling more stressed when in your bedroom. Here are the best ways to create a relaxing bedroom:
• Always make your bed when you wake up in the morning. Leaving an unmade bed is the fastest way to clutter up a room. Make this a daily habit and then you will be well on your way in creating a positive atmosphere.
• Replace worn down pillows with ones that will give ample support. This will also give you a more relaxing sleep. To add a luxurious feel, use pillows and pillow cases that have a soft and silky texture.
• Use sheets that have a high thread count. They do not need to be overly expensive. There are reasonably priced ones or watch for a good sale. Invest in them because the higher the thread count, the softer the fabric and this makes all the difference. Trust us, you’ll sleep better. In addition, choose neutral colors in beige, white, cream or nude. Avoid yellows or neon and anything that is too bright and stressful to the eyes.
• Remove all clutter on your bedside table and nearby surroundings. Make your room a stress free zone by making sure you fold your clothes and hang them properly where they should be. Do not allow work related documents near your bed! Avoid eating in bed as well to avoid spills, stains and odor sticking to your sheets.
• Invest in a good a good oil diffuser. Candles are a thing of the past and can be dangerous. Imagine falling asleep and waking up to a fire. Instead, use BellaSentials Aromatherapy Oil Diffuser as this is a great way to create a zen like atmosphere. Choose calming essential oils in lavender, sandalwood or Palmarosa and drift away into dream land.
• Take your wall color into consideration. Colors have a direct impact on feelings and mood. Like your sheets, avoid loud colors. Soothing tones of blues, greys and greens promote a calming effect.
• Choose art and photos that remind you of pleasant times. Art that has busy details or remind you of bad times are a no go in the bedroom.
• Lighting should be dim unless you are reading. Make sure your curtains are in a darker shade so they don't allow excessive sunlight in. A good lamp that can be dimmed is a good investment by your bedside.
• Play jazz, ambient, soft music or any kind that will help your mind slow down. You want to feel relaxed.
Now all you need is to simply chill, drift off to sleep and make the most out of this well-deserved moment of peace.