After a long stressful day at work all you ever long for is a very comfortable, soft and inviting bed so you can just rest and forget your daily obligations for a few hours. So you go home, have supper, do your nightly routine then tuck yourself to bed but low and behold! The most annoying thin happens! Despite being dead tired, your mind is wide awake and try as you might, falling asleep seems impossible. How many times has this happened to the best of us? Your body craves that much needed snooze but your body just won’t cooperate! Fret not! Another clever trick can be done in conjunction with diffusing sleep inducing essential oils in your BellaSentials Aromatherapy Diffuser and that’s a DIY sleepy time lotion. Apply this all over before bed time to promote a good night’s sleep.
Here what you’ll need:
- 1 tbsp. shea butter
- 2 tbsp. coconut oil
- 2 tbsp. jojoba oil
- 1 tbsp. beeswax
- 4 drops chamomile essential oil
- 10 drops lavender essential oil
- Place the shea butter, coconut oil and beeswax in a pan and allow to melt using very low fire.
- After the first ingredients have been melted, add the jojoba oil.
- Turn off the fire and add the lavender and chamomile essential oils.
- Using a blender, mix until well blended and has a rich and smooth consistency.
- Place in a glass jar and allow to completely cool. The lotion is now ready to use.
Admit it! That was too simple and super easy! Trust us, this will help you have a relaxing sleep. Apply generously all over the body focusing on the back, chest and arms. The great thing about this concoction is that it also acts as a super effective body softener and moisturizer to help your skin maintain its suppleness and youthfulness. You will need this most during the winter season when the air is dryer. That’s it! We hope this little trick works for you and remember to diffuse your favorite essential oils in your BellaSentials Aromatherapy Diffuser to add another level of relaxation to the ambiance of your bedroom. Remember to detach from all your electronics such as your laptops and smart phones. This will just remind you of work and other things so shut them off so your mind is reinforced to be at rest mode. We hope this recipe finds its way to your home. Sweet dreams!