Feeling tired all the time? Having a hard time sleeping? When you do get to sleep, do you wake wishing you could just stay in bed all day? Always have low energy at work? No time for exercise and other fun activities? These are all too familiar when a person is stressed and beat down. Life’s expectations and obligations can be overwhelming. More often than not, we manage to believe that by working harder we can all reach our goals.
We push ourselves to the limit and this can be very dangerous. It is known that stress often leads to illness, including heart disease, cancer and depression. Resorting to alcohol and other vices are usually the forms of escape that stressed people succumb to. They think that these are the solution. This only dulls and depresses brain function without actually alleviating the problem. We all need to remember that our bodies and mind need balance. Proper rest, a healthy diet, exercise and stress relieving activities are all mandatory. So if this article is hitting you where it should then it’s time to slow down and start doing the activities listed here to effectively combat stress.
• Sleep at least 8 hours a day. This is the age old rule that is still golden. This will allow your body to recover from all the daily chores and activities. Detach from your gadgets when you reach your home. Make this a habit and be kinder to yourself.
• Having trouble sleeping? Disperse beneficial essential oils with your Bellasentials Aromatherapy Diffuser. This will help you to relax and take the edge off. Here are some essential oils to try. Remember, scents are personal so try different oils until you find the one that helps you the most.
• Lavender Essential Oil – Reduces mental stress, relaxing and calming, can help you sleep
• Rosemary Essential Oil – Eases stress. Promotes mental clarity.
• Patchouli Essential Oil – Supports the nervous system. Has calming and soothing effect.
• Neroli Absolute – Uplifting, calming and promotes positive thinking.
• Jasmine Essential Oil – Uplifting and relaxing.
• Rose Essential Oil – comforting, soothing and relaxing.
• Start a Life Journal. By doing so, you write down goals and set realistic deadlines. You can chart your progress along the way and reflect while you back track on past activities. You can delegate big tasks by diving them into smaller phases. This will help you organize your tasks better so you avoid getting overwhelmed and stressed.
• Listen to great music, appreciate art and do sports. Whatever outlet you find that makes you happy, do it. Spotify has a great playlist to combat stress. Sing in the shower. Read a good book and visit art galleries to please your visual senses. Take up yoga or if boxing is your thing, then go do it. Are you the artsy type? Use adult coloring books or make your own art. Get in touch with your inner artist and create art with wild abandon. There are no limits. Explore and take up a new hobby.
• Meditate. Take 5 to 15 minutes to simply be silent. Focus your attention on your breathing and on how the body moves with each inhalation and exhalation. Just be in this very moment and do not entertain other thoughts. Practice this daily before you start the day.
• Indulge in healthy food. Stay away from fast or processed food. Choose organic when you can. Try experimenting with healthy recipes and see how this has beneficial effects on your body. Probiotic food, fruits, veggies, nuts and dark chocolate are all said to boost the immune system and reduce levels of stress.
• Keep smiling and always have a positive outlook. This can be easier said thandone but practice the art of smiling and training your brain to see the good side of everything. Fake it until it feels real. Surround yourself with loving and supportive friends as well. Relax and love yourself more. Your body and mind will thank you for it.